Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Noah's baptism . . .also way overdue

Noah was baptized on February 14th with his best friend, Andrew Anderson. We did the same set up as with Annie's baptism, where we did the program after church, then provided dinner for everyone. We were so lucky to have both sets of grandparents, plus Chris' brother's family, come and be with Noah for this great event.

Summer (Andrew's mom) and I decided to do soups and rolls for dinner, and then Summer, being the amazingly creative person that she is, made these darling cookies for one of the desserts.


We were able to do some fun things with our family while they were here. One of the things we did was see The Christmas Story house. This was the actual house where the movie was filmed, and across the street was a museum. If you like the movie, it's totally worth it - it was so fun!!

We also went to Amish country in Middlefield, where Grandpa Weight bought this marble track, and the kids had a great time with it.

My parents left the Wednesday after Noah was baptized, and I think they were the lucky ones because right around the time they left, the stomach flu swept over those remaining. By the end, 11 out of the 14 in our little house had some form of the flu. Thursday was the day it hit my three boys, as well as Trey, their cousin. I have never in my life experienced something like that - running from one boy to the next to rub a back, wipe a mouth, get a drink, or dump out the barf bowl. I was sure grateful for extra adults, since Chris was working that day. Even so, it was exhausting! I have never washed so many blankets, sheets, pillowcases, and clothes. I don't think the washer and dryer had a break for 5 days.

Look at all those boys!! Poor Annie :) Despite the flu fiasco, we made some great memories and the cousins had fun together!

2 comments:

Summer said...

The baptism was really wonderful! I'm so glad we did it together! I'm so proud of our handsome little boys!

You sure had a full house! I'm glad you were able to have some fun despite the flu! (that part didn't sound too fun.)

Teah said...

Ya know looking back it's actually really funny now. I still remember how dumb founded we were with it all especially when it came round and hit several of us twice. Oh well we survived and made some fun memories. I love the picture with everyone on the couch. Hopefully between the two of us we'll be able to make Annie less lonely...or course we may just make her more out numbered.:)