Sunday, October 3, 2010

New school year/new school

So the kids started school on Sept. 7th. This is Annie's last year of elementary school (!!), so it's fun that all three kids are together this year.

They needed jackets - it was a blustery first day of school!

Annie, the big 5th grader

Noah, the 3rd grader. He thinks it's very uncool to smile in pictures these days.

Brigham, the Kindergartener, is following Noah's suit. Kindergarten here is half day, which is very good for Brig. When I picked him up after the first day, I saw him leaning against the wall, looking forlorn. When he saw me, he ran to me and started to cry. I thought, "Oh great, he got into trouble on his very first day." But no, he told me that it was just a really long time to be away from home. But after that, he's loved it. He runs out with a big smile on his face and tells me all about his day. He's also learned the Jefferson school song, and it melts my heart to hear him sing it.
Also, notice the shirt? I don't like it much, but it's Brig's absolute favorite because it's his "chinese shirt". To him, the designs on it look like chinese characters. He and Chris picked it out together, and Brig immediately announced that he was going to wear it on his first day. I cringed, but decided that it was a battle not worth fighting.

So, after two days at school, I asked Annie and Noah if they like Jefferson or Lomond better. Noah said he didn't know, but Annie immediately said "Lomond." I must admit, there are some things about Lomond that we probably won't see anywhere else. But I have noticed that they don't micromanage things here as much as they did at Lomond, which I'm happy about. The kids have made some great friends, and they have wonderful teachers. We're happy here!

No comments: