Sunday, May 10, 2009

Columbus

So, I've said before that Chris and I can think of plenty to complain about when it comes to the Clinic, but one of the things we have loved is that Chris is able to go to tons of conferences (paid for by the Clinic). If they're close by, we all go together. We get all these mini-trips pretty much paid for. On March 13-15, there was one in Columbus, so the kids and I went with Chris. Hudson's birthday was on the 13th, so we brought his presents down for him to open in the hotel room. (More about his birthday in the next post).



Here are the kids camping out in their forts. They were so excited about them, we almost had to knock them down so they would actually go to sleep. Having all six of us crammed in one hotel room always makes for a fabulous night's sleep :)

On Saturday we ate lunch at Potbellies - YUM. I still dream about my sandwich. We also spent time just browsing around Barnes and Noble - one of our favorite things to do.

Big 1 year old boy!! Do you like the garbage bag wrapping? I didn't have time to wrap his presents, but I figured he didn't care.



Happy birthday Hudson, we love you so much!!

Saturday night there was a dinner at a conservatory in Columbus. It was pretty cool, but the dinner was not kid-friendly. There were cocktails for the first hour, and the dinner was very long and drawn out, where they give you like 45 minutes between each course (most of which, our kids wouldn't eat). Luckily, the bread and dessert saved the day. We don't exactly fit in with Chris' colleagues. Those who actually have kids are much older, and they have one or two, NEVER four. I've actually come to enjoy watching their reactions when they realize how many kids we have. Anyway, we took a table in the back corner (nobody sat by us, which Chris and I prefer - it means less people we have to apologize to :) I followed Hudson up and down the stairs while Chris and the other kids ate. Chris then took Hudson so I could eat, but the other kids were also finished eating, so they left too. So I sat trying to look like I was enjoying myself while I ate alone.


After dinner we found some cool rooms to explore. The chair behind us is covered in cacti.

Hudson was fascinated by the macaws! We got back to the hotel late that night. We ate a brunch at the hotel the next day, found a church to go to sacrament meeting, and then we came home. Good times for all.

No comments: