Sunday, May 2, 2010

Chris' birthday

So, some years I'm better at putting something together for Chris' birthday than others. With it falling on a Sunday this year, our house on the market, and with me starting to feel pregnancy-sick, this was not one of those years. We went to the Brimhall's house - they provided the dinner and we brought the dessert, so although I didn't put much effort into the whole thing we had a great time anyway.

This was the present that the boys gave to Chris - a puzzle from the Christmas Story museum (Chris loves puzzles!). He got a new set of scriptures from me, and marshmallow roasters from Annie.


Chris is not much of a cake person, so he asked me to make a cheesecake. This is a mandarin chocolate one. YUMMY!

So, even though this is a really bad picture, I felt like I had to include it because as I looked through the pictures I took that day, I realized that I never took a good one of Chris (like I said, my brain was not on celebrating this year). So, here's Chris on his birthday!


The big 3-4!


I guess the Brimhalls did help provide dessert - their present to Chris was 2 boxes of Krispy Kreme doughnuts! It reminded us all of our vacation last year to the Outerbanks *sigh* We all wish we were back there.

"Happy birthday, dude." That's Noah, in case you couldn't tell.


Happy birthday Chris - you are the best husband and dad we could ever hope for. I hope you had a great day!

2 comments:

Teah said...

It was nice to see Chris's hand for his birthday. It's one of the best pictures of his hand that we've ever seen. :)

Carrie Anne said...

love all the recent posts! man those kids grow so fast! i can't believe noah & andrew got baptized already!!!! rebecca gets baptized in the fall & i can't believe it! i'm dying!!! hope you are feeling too sick these days.