Thursday, July 1, 2010

Goodbye Ohio, Hello Minnesota

My mom came to help us pack for a week, then the day after she left, Chris' parents came to help us finish packing, clean, then move out to Rochester. We pulled out on Friday, June 25th. I wouldn't recommend moving while pregnant - it wasn't fun. Although I felt like we had been working hard for weeks to be ready to move, that last day was chaos. By the time we left, I was so tired and overwhelmed by everything that I couldn't really think about the fact that we were leaving our first house. This was a place that we had lived in for six years, which is the longest stretch since Chris and I have been married. We went from 2 to 4 kids while here. We bought our first minivan, acquired our first (and last, at least for quite awhile) pets. Annie and Noah started school a block away, and they, along with Brigham, learned to ride their 2-wheelers on our driveway. So many memories. I wish there had been more time to really think about it all before we left.

We broke up the driving into two days. Our destination was Chicago the first night. I drove the van with Chris' mom and Hudson. Chris drove the moving van with our car hooked up behind it. Chris' dad drove his car. Annie, Noah, and Brigham rotated between all of the different vehicles. The driving was going fine until we got into Chicago. The traffic was awful, it was dark and raining, and we were all trying not to lose each other. Chris' dad took a wrong exit and got lost. He finally showed up at the hotel about an hour after the rest of us. I've never been so frazzled in all my life!
The driving was much better the next day, and we made it to Rochester in the afternoon.

We were welcomed by a bunch of ward members who helped us unload the moving van. We spent the next week unpacking and organizing.

Our backyard, which is fenced and much bigger than our old backyard.

Welcome to Rochester!

No comments: