Sunday, November 2, 2008

We finally did it!

It is what you've all been waiting for - our BLOG! When Sharene first suggested that I do this, I wanted to cry. My days were so overwhelming already with four kids, one of whom was nursing all the time. I hardly had time to take a shower, much less create, then regularly update, a blog. But as the weeks have gone by, Hudson has gotten older, and I've found that I have a little extra time now. Plus, since we have taken a good chunk of the grandkids across the country, I suppose the least we can do is show you pictures of them.
I feel like I also need to comment on my choice in layout! Last night I decided to spruce up the background, but it took me forever to find one that I was kind of excited about. As time ticked by and I attempted (over and over again) to put it in here, Chris' words rang in my ears "Don't let the blog stress you out!" So I finally closed down the cursed blog - minus the cute background - and crawled into bed. I decided today that the reason for this particular blog is to let far away family members and friends know what we're up to, not to have a really cute layout. This can also serve a purpose for all of you out there with similar simple (or as some would say "boring") blogs - rest assured; there's another blog out there that's just as boring.

8 comments:

Sharene said...

I love your kids!! I'm so excited that you started a blog.

Carrie Anne said...

Way to go, Lisa! Uh...it takes me too long to figure out the background/color/etc so I just keep it simple...my sister in law updates my title/picture for me...I have no clue what I'm doing! Don't worry...soon you will be a pro & on this thing WAY TOO MUCH like I am! I love Ohio in the fall, too, & miss it TONS!

Cedar Roots said...

Hi Lisa, so fun to see your pictures and kids! I can't keep up a family blog either, but maybe I should just not try anything too fancy. Great idea. It will be fun to read about you guys, maybe one day I will have one too!-Nicole Reynard

Mary Anne said...

Thank you for inviting me to view your blog. Ours has no cute background, and no one really reads it any way. But I do it to keep a good history if nothing else, and to remind me of all the other blogs I like to read. Hope you are all well!

Sr. weight said...

Hi I for one am glad to see your family and thank ou for taking the time. I understand that once you have it started, it is easier.

Mom Weight said...

We are so excited about your blog. Thank you, thank you. As I said before, backgrounds don't matter. Pictures and comments are the things that count.

Summer said...

Yay, Lisa! I'm so glad you have a blog! You can always do one-handed typing while nursing! HaHaHa!

Spencer & Jennifer said...

Hi Lisa, Chris, and family! We've been dreading doing a blog. Spencer's family all want us to and it gives us a headache thinking about it. So good for you for actually doing it. It's great to see your family all growing up! You all really do live too far away you know!Jennifer and Spencer