Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Catching up (January)

Once again, Chris has saved the day: he fixed whatever the problem was, so now I can download pictures! Since I started the blog, I decided to do this instead of typing up the monthly family history I usually do. So, I'm just going to do a quick overview of January. Here's what we've been up to:

Noah lost a tooth! This is the third one he's lost, and he was so nice to give this one to Hudson (who got his first tooth this month!)

The day Noah lost his tooth, they also celebrated Chinese New Year at school; that's what this crown is for. Brigham, of course, wanted to wear it all the time, so they fought all night about it.

One Saturday afternoon as Annie and I were getting our hair cut, Chris took the boys sledding down Thornton hill. The snow was pretty packed down, and it was COLD, so it was more icy than snowy. But according to the boys, it was AWESOME! The sled in the picture ended up breaking because the ground was too hard.

We went down to Columbus to the temple on the 17th. On our way home Hudson was getting hungry and tired of sitting in his car seat, so I fed him chocolate animal crackers to keep him happy. This is what he looked like by the time we got home.


A few months ago, Chris and I started doing Special Days with the kids. Once a month we pick a Saturday that works, and then either Chris or I take one of the kids out to do whatever they choose for a few hours (price limit is $10). We've done things like the Science museum, dollar theater, and rock wall at Dicks. This month it was my turn to take out Annie, and she chose to go sledding, then get doughnuts at Amy Joy.


It was the perfect day to go sledding - it was snowing like crazy, but it wasn't very cold. It was so fun to just focus on Annie, and to actually go sledding myself. Good idea, Annie! We had a great time!!

4 comments:

Sharene said...

How fun is that? You have the greatest ideas. Mike and I definitely want to do that. Paul (Mike's uncle) does that as well. I miss you guys so much. Maybe we can come visit sometime before you leave your house.

Summer said...

My mom did special days with us too and my dad did daddy daughter dates. My kids are getting old enough, I need to start doing that! We just got your "Christmas Card" thanks for thinking of us. It was great to get a thorough update on everyone in your family. Can't wait to see you guys (someday)!

Summer said...

What a great idea to do "special days" one-on-one with your kids! Once again, your parenting amazes me!

Carrie Anne said...

oh what fun times! seeing those pictures really makes me miss that place!