Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rochester, here we come!!

I mentioned before that our computer has been been trouble for us for quite awhile. Chris finally figured it out the problem, erased the whole thing, and now he has been reinstalling everything. What a smartypants I have for a husband. I was ready to throw the computer out and use some tax return money for a new one. Anyway, for that reason, I am way behind on the blog. I came down today to start catching up, but I can't figure out how to download the pictures on our born-again computer. I'm not much of a troubleshooter when it comes to computers (actually, when it comes to most things); I'll have to wait for Chris to come home. So, I'll just do this one without the pictures:

Last month we found out that we were accepted into the Urology/Oncology fellowship at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN - we are sooo excited!!!! Yes, we realize it's cold (that's what everyone says when they hear we are going there), and we are okay with that. I can take cold, as long as I can see the sun sometimes.
This whole experience has been so interesting. Chris was also offered a position at NIH in Bethesda, MD. Logically, it would make sense to go there - we'd make WAY more money and Chris would be home a lot more. Who wouldn't want that?? We went back and forth so many times, and it kept coming back to the fact that we just felt better about Mayo. For whatever reason we are meant to go there.

10 comments:

Don and ME said...

I am excited for you too!!!!
love you, maryellen

Teah said...

Yeah for smart husbands! I'm excited for you to move to rochester.I Think it will ultimately be safer living and more secure as jobs go.

Summer said...

And we couldn't be happier about it!!! I really think your family will love it here. I do! And it'll be even better with you guys here : )

Don't worry about the cold. yes it's cold, but it's also beautiful and often sunny! it's an adventure!

Carrie Anne said...

Congratulations to you! I can't believe it's already time for him to do his fellowship! Wow! That will be such a neat experience for you...and you're so lucky you'll be near the Gunns! I miss all of you Cleveland friends!!!
I'm with you on the computer thing, too...I have no brain with that & rely on James to figure it out...we used to call Nick Dubyk to give our computer a makeover. Thank goodness for people who can focus on them b/c I sure can't!

Church Fam said...

congrats on the fellowship! Very exciting! I do have to say the Mayo in Scottsdale is way warmer. :)

Lanea said...

That is so exciting to be moving on to the next phase! Congratulations! I miss chatting with you Lisa. I sure appreciate this blog and your 'goodread' updates. When is the big move? We are coming back to the midwest for a vacation this summer...it would be fun to see you guys if our timing is right.

Summer said...

We are so excited for you! It sounds like you guys were definitely supposed to go there! I'm selfishly glad you're not going until next year though! Ü

PS What would we do without smart hubbies?

crush said...

Congrats, Lisa! Wow, I can't believe you're getting into the final stretch here! Rochester! Wow! Can't wait to hear all about it! The kids are so big and so cute! Hope you're all well! XO

Hey, didn't someone from the old ward go to the Mayo clinic for a residency?? Maybe that was after you guys left?? I can't remember their names...

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! That is very exciting...good luck with the planning of the next move and the new adventures, now that you know where you will go next.
Do you know where you want to "settle"?

Katie said...

congrats!! I just got your "christmas" card. We are so happy for you guys. Way to go Chris!