Sunday, January 17, 2010

An explanation

So, I'm sure most people have pretty much given up on our blog, since it's been 3 1/2 months since I posted. I'm okay with that; I try not to gauge my selfworth on the number of comments I have on each post :) I'm trying to keep up on this as a form of personal and family history, but I feel like I've had a few good reasons to be so behind. First is that since my last post in November I somehow clicked on something that made it so I couldn't see the pictures I was trying to post, and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. So I did what I usually do with computer problems: I ignore them and hope they eventually go away. This one didn't (as they usually don't). After a few weeks, Chris got on and had the problem figured out in about 15 minutes (what a smart husband I have), but by then it was in the thick of the holiday season, and life was crazy. After the holidays, the craziness has picked up a notch, since we have 500 house projects that need to be done before we put the house on the market at the beginning of March. Just after Christmas Chris and I made a list of what needed to be done, then we broke things down into weeks, right up until the first week of March. And that is what we have been doing. All our free time is consumed in painting and repairing and replacing. Poor Chris - he's not home much, and when he is there's always a list of house things to do. He's such a trooper. He cleaned out the garage and helped me paint ceilings yesterday, then he was up half the night with hospital stuff since he was on back-up call. Anyway, I know I'm going to regret not recording our last months here in Ohio, so I'm determined to find time to continue blogging. So here we go . . .

5 comments:

Mom Weight said...

Dear Lisa,
We love anything you blog. We completely understand the long spaces between the posts. You're amazing with all the things you do. Keep up the good work and good luck with the 500 house projects. (You got the ceilings done so it should be down to to 499 projects now. Right?
Love, Mom & Dad Weight

Shelleen said...

Gosh Lisa, I just can't believe you would go so long between posts and that you have other priorities besides just doing things on the computer. I know that I never get behind on my postings.

J/k love ya. Good luck on your house projects.

Annie said...

I ALWAYS check your blog . . . thank goodness you finally posted! We need to get some Christmas and New Year pictures up.

Sharene said...

I agree with mom. I think you are amazing and am glad that your self worth is not based on blogging!! We love you and we especially love talking on Skype. Hopefully we can do that again soon!

Carrie Anne said...

FINALLY a post!:) I'm just teasing you. You have so much going on!!! Oh man! Good luck with all of your projects...it probably seems so daunting at times. Just so you know I check your blog often b/c I think you guys are so fun & cool. James is coming out there in February to look for a job...hallelujah! So hopefully we'll be moving back but probably not in time to hang out with you more. Shucks! Anyway, good luck with all you have going on...it'd be fun to see pictures of all your finished projects!!