Sunday, January 31, 2010

Winter Walk

Since Annie and Noah had school off on MLK day, I decided to take a break from all the house projects and just spend the day with the kids. In the morning we went to the North Chagrin Reservation and took a wintery walk.

There was a bit of contention on our walk, which you can't see in the kids' smiling faces. We walked by a lake, which the kids were convinced was frozen, therefore, they should be able to walk on it. And how do you suppose those kids came to the conclusion that the lake was frozen enough to support them? They threw rocks on it, and the rocks didn't break through.

I didn't buy their theory.




After we got home, we made a picnic lunch, then ate it on a sheet in the basement while we watched "The Muppet Movie." I grew up LOVING the muppets, and I was thrilled to see how much the kids liked the movie. We made some good memories that day.

3 comments:

Shelleen said...

This is Sharene by the way - I am on Shell and Ryan's computer. This looked like so much fun! What a great memory for the kids. I think you and they both needed the break!

Mom Weight said...

Thank goodness you were not swayed by the children's not-so-logical logic that if the rocks didn't break through the ice, neither would they. Way to be firm and not let them on the water. It sure sounded like a fun day.

Summer said...

I love that they threw rocks on the "frozen" lake : ) A nice break from all of your house projects, I'm sure!