Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Year's Eve dance party

I already wrote about our holiday picture woes, but I did get this one to represent our New Year's Eve family dance party. The Brimhalls hosted, and we were there with the Hanleys, the Andersons, and the Monsons. It was so fun! We had 5 straight hours of singing, dancing, and food.

Annie, Hadley, and Maisy sang tons of karaoke. I loved watching them up there singing their hearts out. We had a mosh pit, we did the twist, thriller (we tried to anyway) and we even did - do I dare admit it? - the electric slide and the macarena. I felt like I was back in the middle of a Stake Dance. But it was so fun to relive it with our kids. Although we put Hudson to sleep around 10, the rest of us were alive and kicking way past midnight. We ended the night with singing "Party in the USA." We were all delerious with lack of sleep the next day, but it was well worth it. That will go down in history as one of the best New Year's we've had. Thanks Brimhalls!!

5 comments:

Summer said...

Best. New Year's. Ever. We had such a blast with you guys! Annie and Hadley were awesome!!!

Summer said...

I was supposed to send you some pictures, wasn't I?! I'm sorry! I'm going to send you some right now so you can add a few more to your blog post if you want!

Annie said...

AWESOME! That was the best!

Carrie Anne said...

okay i am LOVING all of these posts & i especially LOVE all of your holiday traditions. i forgot about the sock tradition & i think that is the funnest idea in the world! i'm with you on the gifts..we've tried to scale down, too, b/c otherwise they kids get way too much! they get pjs & a book christmas eve from us, 1 from santa on christmas morning & one from each other on christmas morning plus the stockings & maybe a few other things & i feel like they appreciate everything so much more! i love love love that your kids chose wicked over the wii! i feel like we're the only family in the world who hasn't gotten a wii yet! i should chat with you so much more often!

Mom Weight said...

Someday I hope to be included in one of your New Year's Eve parties.