Sunday, January 17, 2010

Thanksgiving on the beach

For Thanksgiving, my parents took us, along with my brother and sister and their families, to a beach house on Captiva Island in Florida. It was a little weird wearing capri's and swimming outside at the end of November, but we got over it!

Just about 10 minutes after we got to the house, the power went out, and it was out for the next 24 hours. Southern Florida + no AC = Not much sleep. Adventures!


My brother, Lynn has 4 girls, so Annie was in heaven the whole week! Here's Brigham, Noah, Alexis (12), Annie, Hannah (10), and Kayla (6)



There's a bird in that tree, although no one could figure out what kind it was. The islands are a refuge for all kinds of animals.



One of the days we drove up to Siesta Keys, which has the softest sand I've ever felt.


My neice, Kayla

My mom, sister Laurie, and nephew Rowdy

Annie and Alexis

This is at one of our favorite souvenier shops, Mango Bay


This is at the seashell museum not too far from our beach house


Brigham bought these squids with the souvenier money that he earned. He was so proud!

Noah with a gecko. I have no idea how that kid can get his hands on so many animals! This is by the pool at our house, where the kids spent a majority of their week.

My family, especially my parents, have really gotten into collecting seashells since we came to this area for the first time 2 years ago. These islands are supposed to be one of the best places in the world to find shells. This was on our last day, and my parents took us on what's called a shelling cruise. We got on a boat that took us to a private island that had tons of shells. Yes, we are all wearing jackets because it was actually pretty cold and windy that day!

Digging for shells

This was on the same island

This is in front of the resaurant we ate at on our last night on the island.

Laurie and Rowdy

My brother Lynn, sister-in-law Cheryl, and their girls

Thanks for taking us Mom and Dad! We made some great memories!

No comments: