Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Mom, I need you!

Brigham is in a phase where, when Chris is home, the most common thing out of his mouth is, "No, I want Dad." At first it was kinda nice because I didn't need to stop making dinner, or feeding Hudson, ect. to help Brig. But after awhile, I started to feel a bit left out. Among other things, there are tears if Brig has to sit by me at dinner, and I never get to read him a bedtime story when Chris is home. Chris reminds me that it's because, since he's not with Brigham as much as I am, he's a novelty.
So, last Saturday, as I was making lunch and Chris was downstairs, Brig went into the bathroom to do his business. A minute later, he calls out, "Dad . . ." Yes, I thought, Chris is going to have to do the dirty work. Not so. Midsentence, Brig changed his mind. "Dad . . . Mom, I need you to wipe."
Thank you Brig, for including me.

2 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

isn't that so how it is? i'm glad you were "included" finally.:) you are great. and i'm laughing really hard about chris having you post pictures of the kids fighting or being unhappy...that's something james would say/do. love the blog & so glad you started one!

Sharene said...

That is so funny. You wrote that so well. It was perfect. I was laughing outloud! It was so good to see you guys!