Sunday, August 9, 2009

4th of July

I adore the 4th of July. It always makes me so grateful for our freedom (as it should!). Also, there's something about warm weather, picnics, flags, yummy food, fireworks, ect. that just makes me giddy. This year was no exception. The day started with a ward breakfast and a bike parade.


I couldn't find Noah for a picture because he was too busy playing in the woods next to the church field. I think he even forgot to eat breakfast.


How can you not love this lady?? You look great Christy!


Later in the day we had a BBQ at our house. Usually on holidays we're the passive type who waits for an invitation from friends, but not this year. We decided to be go-getters and host a BBQ ourselves. Afterwards Brigham couldn't stop talking about how fun the BBQ was, and "when can we have those friends over again?" We all had a great time, and it was perfect weather!

Dinner - there was some GREAT food!

Brigham and Hyrum "setting up" croquet


Hudson and his girlfriend Hannah


After we ate, the dads and kids played croquet. The winner got to ride the hoppy ball around the yard. Way to go Scott!



Good times with sparklers


After we lit our sparklers Annie and Hadley entertained us with a few numbers from "Wicked." I think it might have been a little difficult with the boys beside, above, and in between them, but they did a great job!

Afterwards, I put Hudson down at the Rynearson's house, and the rest of us went out and watched the city fireworks . . . minus the camera.

1 comment:

Carrie Anne said...

Well that looks like an awesome 4th of July party! I love the 4th also. What fun. I LOVED your post on summer, too. I feel the same way you do...summers are so great in Cleveland. I really missed summer there last year & this year but we really tried to take advantage of lots of things this year. Seriously how did it go by so fast? I can't believe how fast those kids are growing up! Wow!
Oh, the placemats are from Pottery Barn Kids...there is one right by the Beachwood Mall.:) I loved them, too.